The Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) is calling on youth under the age of 30 in select provinces and territories to participate in a national youth art competition with the goal to raise awareness of health services available to young Canadians.
We are currently looking for submissions in the following provinces and territories:
Nunavut | Yukon
Winners will receive a $1,000 award and their submission will be printed on the Provincial Youth Cards that provide information for health services for youth including mental health, addiction, and sexual health services. One winning submission will be selected from each province and territory, for a total of thirteen winners.
Submissions should interpret the concept of youth health and community, community empowerment, or community support.
Winners will be determined by a jury of international artists, many who have explored HIV in their work at some point in their careers.
- Imani Maryahm Harrington – multidisciplinary artist (San Francisco, United States)
- Tiko Kerr – visual artist (Vancouver, Canada)
- Shan Kelley – mixed media artist (Montreal, Canada)
- Nancer LeMoines – printmaker (San Francisco, United States)
- Daniella Zalcman – photojournalist (London, England)
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, August 15th.