Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Start Date: October 11, 2022
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: 2200 Yonge Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, ON M4S 2C6
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating CANFAR’s daily activities, financial planning, and reporting, and supporting the organization’s event campaigns on a quarterly basis.
The Operations Coordinator will collaborate with members across the organization, including CANFAR’s CEO, Director of Stewardship and Development, and the Director of National Awareness Programs, to ensure cohesiveness and coordination across the organization.
CANFAR is looking for a dynamic individual who is self-motivated, a creative problem solver, project-oriented, and looking to expand their collaboration and leadership skills. In addition, this individual should be looking for an opportunity to expand their project management profile and leverage their attention to detail, while making a meaningful contribution to the non-profit sector.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable – Create cheque and EFT payments weekly.
- Accounts Payable – Pay credit card bills online. Reconcile visa statements.
- Assist in annual audit preparation and support our audit by supplying the auditor with backup documentation as requested.
- Liaise with the bookkeeper and accountant to manage reconciliation and accounting processes.
- Manage all office contracts and equipment leasing.
- Events – assist with financials leading up to events; ticketing for signature events including online processing, invoicing and reporting.
- Assist in annual budget preparation.
- Develop and assist in direct mail and email campaigns.
- Events: support all aspects of CANFAR events.
- Office: maintain office supplies and be our Oxford Properties liaison.
- Liaise between staff and management to ensure smooth delivery of operations.
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines.
- Identify problems in operations and work to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Manage staff requests and concerns.
Gift Processing & Receipting:
- Enter gifts into Raiser’s Edge database system. This involves accurate data entry skills, an understanding of the CRA guidelines with respect to charitable receipting and eligibility.
- Process all forms of gifts, ranging from depositing cheques, processing online donations, monthly credit card and over-the-phone donations.
- File gift documentation, ensuring completeness of records for audit purposes.
- Execute weekly thank-you and tax receipt correspondence.
- Collect data and maintain accurate company records.
- Provide management timely reports that outline group productivity and workplace improvements.
- Be the first point of contact on phones.
- Manage online communication platforms, such as Slack and Zoom.
- Daily distribution of mail, unsubscribe to unwanted mail, and change/update addresses.
- Manage office and kitchen supplies.
- Assist with setting up and coordinating meetings.
- Manage travel accommodations – i.e., book flights, taxis, as needed.
- Coordinate item deliveries and pick-ups.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in using Blackbaud Software – Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with online donation processing platforms is required.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Highly organized with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- The ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt rapidly to change.
- Proven desire to innovate and continually improve processes.
- Post-secondary education in Administration, Business Administration, Financial Planning, and/or related fields is preferred but not required.
- Team player and problem solver – we’re a small dynamic team with diverse opportunities.
The Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) was founded in 1987 and aims to end Canada’s HIV epidemic by leading national strategies to increase prevention, testing, treatment, and linkage to care and end HIV stigma. Fueled by fundraising, CANFAR supports research, builds awareness, and cultivates partnerships.
Over the past three and a half decades, CANFAR has raised and invested more than $24 million in close to 500 grants to HIV/AIDS research projects that have led to tremendous breakthroughs in HIV prevention, testing, access to treatment, stigma, and the search for a cure. In addition, CANFAR annually reaches thousands of Canadian youth and educators through its national youth HIV awareness programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CANFAR is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
This position will allow the individual to work in a hybrid/remote model and at CANFAR’s office, located at 2200 Yonge Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, ON, M4S 2C6, when required.
Compensation and benefits
CANFAR offers competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and accommodations for visible and non-visible disabilities.
Please send your resume, and cover letter to Kevin Noguera, Director of Operations, at Knoguera@CANFAR.com with the subject line, “Operations Coordinator,” by September 19, 2022.