Educator Guide: HIV Risk & Prevention (Digital)
A digital copy of our Educator Guide: HIV Risk & Prevention.
A guide for educators who teach intermediate and secondary students, with connections to health and physical education curricula in Canadian provinces and territories. Students will:
- Understand the HIV-related risks associated with different activities
- Learn about various HIV prevention methods, including condoms, PrEP, PEP, and treatment as prevention
- Think about ways to talk about condom use with sexual partners
- Learn about the risks of substance use and how to recognize, prevent, and respond to overdoses
- Describe key methods for safer injection
- Discuss ways to assess and respond to situations where people are at risk of infection
- Identify and map out support services in their communities
French version coming soon.