CANFAR's work towards its mission of ending AIDS through research could not be possible without the generosity and dedication of hardworking volunteers. We are incredibly grateful for our volunteers and their commitment to our work in funding lifesaving research.
CANFAR offers various volunteer opportunities that are dynamic and rewarding. Below are some of the volunteer opportunities that we currently offer.
GENERAL OFFICE VOLUNTEERING
CANFAR relies on year-round office volunteers to assist with prospect research, mailing, filing, and donor relations, as well as HIV and AIDS statistics research. We welcome volunteers from a variety of personal and professional backgrounds to help enrich our office and team.
Each year, CANFAR hosts and participates in a number of events that help raise funds and awareness surrounding HIV and AIDS. These events often require the help of volunteers. The following are some of our major events that volunteers can help us organize and execute throughout the year:
- Bloor Street Entertains (November 29, 2017)
- AIDSbeat (May 4, 2018))
- Can You Do Lunch? (May 16, 2018)
- PRIDE Toronto activities (June 24, 2018)
- Ottawa Cocktails (date to be confirmed for 2018)
- The Vancouver Dinner (date to be confirmed for 2018)
World AIDS Day - December 1st
- Each December, CANFAR joins people around the world in celebrating World AIDS Day – an opportunity to show solidarity with people living with HIV and to commemorate those who have passed on due to HIV-related causes. CANFAR seeks volunteers to distribute ribbons in buildings, schools and workplaces in their community.
For more information about all other volunteering opportunities, please contact our Coordinator of Administration & Volunteer Engagement at email@example.com or 416-361-6281.