The Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) is calling on youth under the age of 30 across the country to participate in a national art competition with the goal to raise awareness of health services available to young Canadians.
Winners will receive a $1,000 award and their submission will be printed on the front of bi-fold postcards that provide information for health services for youth including mental health, addiction, and sexual health services. One winning submission will be selected from each province and territory, for a total of thirteen winners. Submissions should interpret the concept of youth health and community, community empowerment, or community support.
Winners will be determined by a jury of international artists, many who have explored HIV in their work at some point in their careers.
- Imani Maryahm Harrington – multidisciplinary artist (San Francisco, United States)
- Tiko Kerr – visual artist (Vancouver, Canada)
- Shan Kelley – mixed media artist (Montreal, Canada)
- Nancer Moines – printmaker (San Francisco, United States)
- Syrus Marcus Ware – visual artist (Toronto, Canada)
- Daniella Zalcman – photojournalist (London, England)
CONTEST GUIDELINES & ENTRY FORM
Page not loading? Click here to open the full webpage.