The Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR) is calling on youth under the age of 30 in select provinces and territories to participate in a youth art competition with the goal to raise awareness of health services available to young Canadians.
Winners will receive a $1,000 award and their submission will be printed on the front of bi-fold postcards that provide information for health services for youth including mental health, addiction, and sexual health services. One winning submission will be selected from each province or territory listed below, for a total of seven winners.
Submissions should interpret the concept of youth health and community, community empowerment, or community support.
Winners will be determined by a jury of international artists, many who have explored HIV in their work at some point in their careers.
- Imani Maryahm Harrington – multidisciplinary artist (San Francisco, United States)
- Tiko Kerr – visual artist (Vancouver, Canada)
- Shan Kelley – mixed media artist (Montreal, Canada)
- Nancer LeMoines – printmaker (San Francisco, United States)
- Syrus Marcus Ware – visual artist (Toronto, Canada)
- Daniella Zalcman – photojournalist (London, England)
Page not loading? Click here to open the full webpage.